Microsoft Access consulting firm Help4Access shows you how to run Microsoft Access from the iPad 2, iPhone and in the Cloud
December 06th 2011
Help4Access CEO Sasha Froyland Demos one way to get a Microsoft Access driven application running on the iPad 2, iPhone and in the Cloud.
Help4Access will migrate your existing application or build you a new database application to run on the iPad 2, the iPhone and/or in the Cloud.
There are a variety of configurations and utilities that can be used to enable a MS Access database to be accessed from the iPad, iPhone and from the Cloud. Each configuration has it’s own unique set of benefits and limitations but every configuration will require the original MS Access application to be modified in different degrees. Hybrid configurations which leverage one or all of the different platforms/devices are also available and are the most common.
Apple Device configurations running Microsoft Access:
- iPhone – MS Access on an iPhone use Access Mobile Database Client
- Pros: Displays tables, nested tables and queries without application rework.
- Cons: Does not display forms nor reports and data is read-only.
- iPad2 – To connect to a remote Server running MS Access use Jump Desktop.
- Pros: Very fast, full MS Access feature support, read and write to database.
- Con: More expensive hosting fees, application will need to be reworked to fit within the iPads 640×480 screen resolution and reformatted for touch screen operation.
- Cloud – Data is migrated to the Cloud while the frontend application uses ODBC to connect to the cloud data – use Help4Access Cloud Application Hosting service.
- Pro: Data is secure, globally accessible from any device and backup on redundant database servers. Low monthly hosting fee, low migration fee, full Microsoft Access database application development features available, and no user training is necessary.
- Con: Initial application load time may be slightly longer depending on proximity of the client to data center and client’s network speed. Application may require tuning to perform at optimal capacity.
CALL FOR A FREE CONSULTATION 855-484-3435
microsoft access ipad
, microsoft access ipad 2