Mr. Fletcher is a senior Microsoft Access Developer, Data Modeler and Systems Analyst with Help4Access in San Francisco, California, with more than 21 years of experience within the high-tech, financial services and other industries.
Mr. Fletcher brings a team approach, working across the organization to ensure business requirements match deliverables. He is highly skilled at bug fixing, performance improvement and enhancing existing applications, as well as building robust and scalable solutions from scratch.
A brief list of top clients include: Google, JPMorgan Chase, BlackRock Capital, Barclay’s Global Investors, HSBC, Paine Webber, Deutsche Bank, Citibank, Union Bank of Switzerland, Columbia Business School, Clarium Capital, the U.S. Business & Industry Council, the Coalition for a Prosperous America, Northwest Airlines, UCSF Medical Center, and ShoppingScout.com.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Excel application development
- SQL Server (Microsoft & Oracle) development
- Office automation & integration tools
- Financial modeling
- Speaking plain English to give clients the tools they really want
- Business process analysis to give clients the tools that will improve their bottom line
- Mr. Fletcher has developed numerous office productivity tools.
- Developed (in Microsoft Access & Microsoft SQL Server) an inventory projection application that enabled a major logistics firm to predict the ability of completion of its deliverables.
- Developed (in Excel) an extreme-capacity file scanning tool to identify linked files for a major corporation.
- Developed (in Oracle SQL) package of PL/SQL stored procedures to classify retail items by category for online price-comparison website.
- Developed (in Microsoft Access & Citrix) a firm-wide marketing-event calendaring and costing system for a major investment management company.
- Developed (in Microsoft Access & SQL) a data-quality-control system that provided dashboard metrics of key data flows into a major stock trading company.
- Developed (in ASP & SQL) a performance management system for a major builder of digital communications networks.
- Developed commission module written to automatically calculate the sales representative’s commission and allow for commission overrides and split commissions.
- Produced reporting module to support management level reporting and the ability to select either full detail view or a summary view and export either view to Excel.
- Developed an automated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) report.
- For a specific client, implemented 2,000+ enhancements and bug fixes in queries, forms, reports and VBA modules.
- Developed a table-based reporting module to accommodate flexible, user controlled reports.
- Identified several slow running queries in Microsoft Access database and migrated them to SQL Server as stored procedures which improved the application’s performance. One specific report’s run-time was reduced from 20 minutes down to 1 minute. Accomplished similar performance gains with other long-running reports.
- Developed role-based security module to control functionality for internal and external users.
- Reduced the total lifetime cost of application ownership by identifying redundant procedures, forms, reports and other objects in the database application distilling them down to reusable modules and multi-use forms.
- Developed a project management module to display projects, phases, goals, issues, tasks and notes using Microsoft Access’s Tree View control.
- Developed dynamic data dictionary to assist in standardizing data elements between tables and generate views for SQL Server.
- Developed firm-wide event calendaring system in MS Access, Excel, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Citrix.
- Algorithm developer in Oracle PL/SQL for a company building world’s largest database of retail prices. Developed complex PL/SQL packages and stored procedures for manipulating data about retail product categories. Coordinated data manipulation with other processes and programmers under demanding schedule requirements. Optimized time-sensitive SQL queries and solved performance problems.
- DBA and consulting developer of Oracle and Microsoft SQL and C#-based solutions for various mid-size businesses, especially integration of accounting systems with customer-relationship-management systems and data extraction for business intelligence and analytics.
- Programmer and DBA developing a web-based tool for task management in law firm litigation support using C#, HTML5, Java, and MS SQL Server.
- Developed analytical front end for quality control of Knowledge Management activities in MS Access, Sybase, Embarcadero RapidSQL, and VB.Net.
- Gathered business requirements from end user population. System tracked outage data, lost trade days, network failures, automated job reliability, internal client surveys, vendor lists, invoice information, audit issues, and critical to quality (CTQ) characteristics. System displayed historical trends, summaries and graphs.
- Developed and implemented quality assurance program for migration of trading floor and fixed-income departments to Windows XP operating system. Managed development of business requirements.
- Facilitated meetings with traders, analysts, trading floor tech support, and migration project managers. Monitored project plans and tracking deliverables.
- Developed reports in Access, SQL, VBA, and Business Objects against IBM DB2 database back-end of Misys LoanIQ system. This involved gathering complex sets of data concerning the syndicated loans portfolio and trading operations.
- Repaired and optimized major Excel spreadsheets of financial models on fixed-income trading floor under great time pressures in a live trading environment.
- Rebuilt batch programs with complex DLL dependency relationships for Global Treasury Department in Visual Basic 6.
- Managed project to validate performance of complex Excel spreadsheets migrated to Excel XP. Spreadsheets focused on financial models, especially fixed-income securities and derivatives, with heavy VBA. Developed automated tools in Excel VBA to find spreadsheets requiring remediation.
- Mr. Fletcher earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Chicago, Illinois and his Series 7 Stockbroker’s License from the Securities & Exchange Commission.
To work with Mr. Fletcher or any of our MS Access Developers, contact us today.