Mr. Ortiz is a senior enterprise architect, software engineer, and engineering leader and consultant with Help4Access in San Francisco, California, with more than 24 years of experience in healthcare, financial services/banking, manufacturing, and systems integration.
Mr. Ortiz brings unusual depth and range of technical and international experience – plus fluency in English, German, Spanish, and Portuguese – with his extensive track record of successful high-stakes projects, spearheading both strategic planning and hands-on leadership. His project experience includes driving improved enterprise-wide architecture strategy and design, and execution of entire software development lifecycle programs. His clients have included Kaiser Permanente, Bank of America, Visa, CA Technologies and Daimler/Benz Aerospace, among others.
- Emerging Technology POCs: Proficient in identification of use cases and building Proofs of Concept for emerging technologies like IoT, Blockchain, and Microservices.
- Web Technologies: J2EE, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Liferay, Hadoop, Struts, Hibernate, SAML, Web Services
- Databases: Oracle, SQL server, MySQL, Non-SQL, Postgres, Caché
- Methodologies: RUP, unit testing, UML, SDLC, coding conventions, cloud computing, Agile-certified SM
- Tools: MS Visual Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, Test Automation, Rational Tools, Eclipse, GitHub
- Worked with stakeholders and senior leaders to establish IS architecture across the enterprise, plan and specify migration from older technologies, and build use cases and POCs for emerging technologies like Blockchain, IoT, AI, and microservices.
- Prioritized and converted MS Access and other legacy databases into the APEX framework.
- Spearheaded software design and development for Reporting and Analytics for popular digital payment programs.
- Data extraction and importation from Splunk, MicroStrategy, and Google Analytics.
- Planned and coordinated Intranet migration of databases, application servers, and directory servers into a clustered multi-tier architecture for better performance and higher availability.
- Designed a solution for the integration of SAP, Oracle Internet Directory, and MS Active Directory.
- As technical architect for HealthConnect, a clinical and administrative system that integrates EMRs of 8.5 million plan members with their appointments, registration and billing information. Implemented solutions that included application components and interfaces based on business and technical requirements. Analyzed requirements and performed architecture and high-level design activities. Worked with application vendors to validate designs.
- Wrote connectors for the implementation of Oracle Identity Management as a federated directory integration broker.
- Created a strategy to use Oracle Content DB as the Enterprise Library to store all types of public unstructured content: Policies and Procedures, Physician Order Sets, etc. Introduced Application Programming Express (APEX).
- Reviewed the current and planned architecture, topology, interdependencies and constraints of clinical IT systems and administrative applications.
- Planned, analyzed and managed the development of J2EE software solutions towards the delivery of products and services for customers. Coordinated the complete SDLC with all project development components to ensure successful launch of new products and features.
“The Concurrency Model: Activating an engineering database through an integrated product and process data model”, the 6th international conference and workshop on database and expert systems applications, DEXA ’95. London, UK; 1995
“Towards the Boundary of Concurrency”, 3rd International Conference on Concurrent Engineering – Research and Applications, McLean, Virginia; 1995
“Intercambio de Datos en Ingenieria: Hacia la globalizacion industrial en base al formato STEP, en proc. International Workshop Integrated Manufacturing and Automation in the industrial transformation Colombia’s. Cali, Colombia; 1994
“Process chain integration using a common product data model: Design and integration of aircraft wiring as a test case for a process chain optimization using STEP”, 10th CIM Europe annual conference, Copenhagen, Denmark; 1994
Mr. Ortiz earned his Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering at the University of Magdeburg in Germany.